What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our business, when participating in activities on this Website or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and this Website, the choices you make and the features you use.
The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and other similar contact data when you subscribe to our email alert, applying for careers or use our online contact form.
We do not collect or retain sensitive personal data relating to your health, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or political conviction etc. at this Website unless you submit such information to us or other written indication of your agreement thereto. In the rare cases where we do seek to collect sensitive data, we will do so in strict compliance with local data privacy law, and you will be asked to actively consent to our processing.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your experience when using our websites.
- communicate with you, for example to respond to your request and process it.
- provide you with information, about our product candidates.
- comply with our business, regulatory and legal obligations.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for:
Legitimate business purposes: We use your personal information to make our communications with you more relevant and personalized to you. It also helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you.
To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information: It is important to us that we are able to comply with laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as the other requests or demands for data as set out here. They affect the way in which we run our business and help us to make our products and services as safe as we can.
You may have given your consent: At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above.
Sharing your personal information with third parties.
We may share your personal information with:
- members of the Galecto group of companies; and
- certain trusted third parties, including our agents and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support; our professional advisors, auditors, and business partners; regulators, governments, and law enforcement authorities.
We do not sell or rent the personal information we collect from you.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the information is collected and to manage our relationship with you. Where personal information is kept, that period will be determined based on applicable local law.
Protecting your personal information.
We will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. When Galecto uses a third-party service provider, that provider will be required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Personal data collected may be transferred to, stored, and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which Galecto (including its affiliates) maintain facilities, and countries in or outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that your data may be processed in countries with lower data protection standards than your country of residence. We will ensure that if data is transferred outside EU/EEA it will only be made if appropriate safeguards are in place.
Websites that we do not own or control.
Your rights regarding your personal information.
We set out below the rights that we will respect in relation to your personal data.
You may be entitled to:
- ask Galecto for access to the personal information Galecto holds about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- (if applicable) withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where Galecto is processing your personal information based on your consent); and/or
- request for the receipt or the transfer to another organization of the personal information that you have provided to Galecto.
You may also lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority if you believe your privacy rights have been violated, including but not limited to The Danish Data Protection Agency (https://www.datatilsynet.dk)
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch with us as set out in the “Contact us” section below.
What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information? The provision of your personal information is voluntary for you and not required by law. Therefore, where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected.
Galecto is data controller of the personal data provided.
Galecto Biotech ApS
Ole Maaloes Vej 3
DK-2200 Copenhagen N
Phone 70 70 52 10